Ten Precepts
From HeartChanWiki
禪宗十大法印 The Ten Dharma Seals For Chan Practitioners
一.不被我執所誤。
Not be misguided by my ego.
二.不被法執所惑。 Not be confused by dogma.
三.不被功利所迷。 Not be lost in fame or fortune.
四.不被物慾所苦。 Not be enslaved by material desires.
五.不被幻相所使。 Not be dictated by illusions.
六.不被惡勢所嗔。 Not be angered by injustice.
七.不被情慾所困。 Not be troubled by emotions.
八.不被俗情所擾。 Not be disturbed by social customs.
九.心地光明磊落。 Hide and fear of nothing.
十.智慧博大無邊。 Wise as the universe.
禪宗戒律 The Ten Precepts for Chan Practitioners
一.不可欺師滅祖。
I shall not betray my masters.
二.不可破壞宗譽。 I shall not disgrace my lineage.
三.不可私收弟子。 I shall not recruit disciples privately.
四.不可傷天害理。 I shall not do harm to anyone.
五.不可邪術騙人。 I shall not swindle.
六.不可妖言惑眾。 I shall not delude.
七.不可欺負弱小。 I shall not take advantage of the weak.
八.不可落井下石。 I shall not rub salt into others’ wounds.
九.不可酗酒亂性。 I shall not indulge in substance or lust.
十.不貪嗔痴慢疑。 I shall have no greed, anger, delusion, arrogance and suspicion. (GADAS)
